History


slider_frontAbout Foster Hotel

Originally owned by William and Anastasia Thornley and called the Thornley Hotel, the Exchange Hotel has been operating since 1871. William passed away in 1874 leaving his widow as publican.

After it was totally demolished by fire in 1905, the Exchange Hotel was rebuilt from shipped Western Australia Jarrah and some of the finest materials of the time.

Designed by Melbournian J. Edmund Burke this state of the art hotel re-opened on the 20th of May 1907. Sadly Anastasia passed away only months after the reopening, although locals say she still resides in the hotel.

Notable Publicans

1874 – 1874 : William Thornley

1874 – 1907 : Anastasia Thornley (formerly Anastasia Banks)

1907 – 1911- : Geoff & Molly Dreverman

1947 – Orb Miller

1950 – 1955: Bill Moy

1955 – 1958: Murray Upton

1958 – 1960: Mr Isaacson

1960 – 1970: Stan Cochrane

1970 Р1980: Bernie & Anne Nairn

1980 Р1982: Ray Grace

1982 – 1987: Frank & Shirley Welsford

1987 – 1992: Colin Carmichael

1992 – 2006: Andrew Carmichael

2006 – 2008: Andrew Carmichael & Mark Daldy

2008 – NOW: Adam Wallace & Ben Dash


Link: Check Out the History of Foster